Resources and Community
- “Talk Therapy” works! Read more
- Stress doesn’t kill—unless you think it will!!! Read more
- Benefits of Mindfulness Practices: Read more
- Help with Sleeping Better: 3-steps-to-peaceful-sleep and Yoga-for-sleep
- Premarital Counseling enhances and strengthens marriages: Read more
- Eating Disorders, preventing relapse (and some good methods for stress busting for anyone): Read more
- Resources for divorce, shared custody, single parenting: See more
Some of My Publications
- “Financial Strain on Families” Read the article
- “Couple’s Relationship With Diabetes: Means and Meanings for Management Success”Read the article
- Cultural Sociology of Divorce: An Encylopedia, several chapters: “Maternal Employment,” “Death of a Child,” “Deadbeat Parents,” and contributed to “Glamorized Divorce” and “Parental Dating” See the resource
- “Towards Equality: Addressing Gender and Power in Couples” presentation at the National Conference, AAMFT, 2007
- “Did You Know?” Column for AAMFT-California,c disseminating current research to clinicians, including topics such as Maternal Employment, Body Image and Definitions of Beauty, Childhood Obesity, Redefining Fatherhood
A Radio Interview With Me
Referrals — Good Stuff, Good People!
Photographer extraordinaire and all-around great guy (my DH) Craig helps me with therapeutic and social projects, such as our Beautiful Women project. He shot most of the beautiful professional-quality photos on this site.
Craig Blank’s gorgeous portfolio can be seen at CraigBlankPhoto.com — I particularly love his “Faces” pages and he does amazing portraits, headshots, and of course spectacular product and architectural work.
All around nice guy, his work is truly amazing, affordable, and he’s super fun to work with.
Nanci Browning at Nanci’s Travel, through her affiliations with award-winning TravelStore and the Signature Travel Network, is a wonderful asset to anyone planning a trip, cruise, or other travel adventure. She will make sure you know about everything to make your trip the best, including specials to get you the best value, support during the trip, and of course, making all the arrangements for you.
The Torrance Beach Drum Circle with Augie Garnier is a “FREE…family friendly rhythm jam / DRUM CIRCLE every 2nd sunday of each month …we meet between Mirimar Park and the Lifeguard Headquarters on Torrance Beach …we have many drums and instruments to share !!…come co-create music and joy ..ALL ages and skill levels are welcome ! Mapquest 300 paseo de la playa , Redondo Beach 90277 ….the driveway to the parking lot is across from this address …follow the ramp down and we’ll be there making music on the sand ! We only cancel for wet or rainy weather ….come and DRUM FOR JOY !!!!!
Help4WorkingParents.com is a fantastic free resource for information, discounts, services, etc., for families: help4workingparents.com/
The Redondo Beach Chamber of Commerce provides community and local business information: redondochamber.org/
Beach History — in LA County: lacounty.gov and Redondo Beach: history-of-redondo-beach
- Horse and dog play together: wimp.com/dogtogether/
- Peaceful aquarium, light music: wimp.com/sweetaquarium/
- The Rain Room: wimp.com/rainroom/
- Babies laughing: youtube.com/watch?v=CQo2FJPLeQk and youtube.com/watch?v=zZH0sNsaAz4 and www.wimp.com/babylaughing/
- A song that always makes me smile: youtube.com/watch?v=5LxC3M-Yngs “Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning.”
- Hypnotizing wind machine: wimp.com/windmachine/
- Baby divers: wimp.com/babydivers/